7 Free SEO Plugins To Boost Your WordPress Website
I assume if you are here, you would be familiar with the terms SEO and WordPress. But let’s do a quick referral WordPress is a content management system(CMS)for building websites, and SEO is a short form of search engine optimization, which is a process of optimizing your site to help rank #1 on Google.
So when it comes to SEO plugins for WordPress, there are thousands of plugins available out there. You can get a minimum of 10 plugins, if not more, for each of your needs. So which are the once that you should use?
Let me help you with it by giving you a list of top 7 SEO plugins that the experts use for their SEO process. Also, I will be giving you some insights about why those plugins are better, and if you like them, you can use it too.
So here they are:
- W3 Total Cache
- Smush Image Compression
- Yoast SEO
- AMP for WordPress
- Lazy Load
- Really Simple SSL
W3 Total Cache you might be aware of the cache error that almost all the SEO audit tools come up with when you are auditing your website. So why do you think we are getting this error? Google and other search engines are trying to make a point here. A cache is nothing but a storage space that stores a few of your website data. So by using a cache, you provide your user with a faster loading website. Here is a simple solution to resolve the error you are getting, w3 total cache plugin.
Features of W3total cache:
- It provides you with the page caching options.
- It gives you browser caching options.
- It also gives you data cache options.
- It minifies your CSS and JS.
- It provides you with support with CDN.
- It also has opportunities for the lazy load.
Smush Image Compression is a great plugin you can install to avoid oversized images. An oversized image can affect your page load time, And with page load time being a factor for SEO, you want to make sure you do not have large image files. And an essential fact to notice here is, your images still look sharp and crisp as they used to look before. It will also reduce the space consumed by the images on the server. So if you are a blog writer or an e-commerce store or a website with a lot of pictures, this plugin is your savior.
Features of W3total cache:
- It strips unused data from images without affecting the quality.
- This plugin also has an option for a lazy load.
- You can smush your images in bulk.
- You can fix the max height and width of your images. It will resize your largest images to your max amounts.
Yoast SEO is one of the most well-known plugins you would have known.
It puts the final touches on your optimization process. It helps you with each and everything, like adding meta-tags, descriptions, look for optimized content, and more. It will also provide you with suggestions like a good, average, or bad on your pages as well. All in all, it will fill out the missing gaps in your SEO process.
Features of Yoast SEO Plugin:
- It helps you in optimization with keywords.
- It helps you in internal link building by giving you suggestions.
- Let describes google about your page.
- It keeps an eye on the content that is outdated and gives you feedback.
- Shows page preview
- It also analyses if your page is having a good readability score or not.
- You also have an option to control your breadcrumbs.
- Checks for duplicate content
- Always shows suggestions regarding technical issues.
Sucuri is like an antidote from hackers. When your website gets hacked, you have a drop in traffic, and also Google will penalize you. This plugin will help you save your website from hacking. There is a little alert here, this plugin is not highly effective, but it is not useless as well. So when it comes to something is better than nothing, this plugin is one of the options.
Features of Sucuri:
- Prevents your website from hackers or malware attacks.
- It also gives you email alert options.
- It has an option for malware scanning.
- You can also integrate a firewall.
AMP for WordPress is basically for mobile usage optimization. It helps improve your website performance, you, mobile users. You can increase your traffic depending on the area you are targeting. It leverages its framework to improve website performance.
Features of AMP Plugin:
- It provides support with sliders on your website for mobile optimization.
- It gives options for related post views.
- It gives you support for analytics tools that are 3rd party(e.g., Google Analytics).
- It also gives you a lightbox option for images.
- If you want a sticky header, you can get it.
A3 lazyload is a simple but handy plugin to reduce both page load speed and also save your user’s internet data usage. It loads images as your user scrolls to that particular section. So nothing much fancy but beneficial.
Features of A3 lazyload:
- It provides support with all the images.
- Also, support the lazy loading of videos and clips.
- You can even get the lazy load on your youtube or Vimeo videos.
Really Simple SSL is a plugin that provides your website with a free SSL certificate. Yes, free SSL certification. You will not need to buy a license from your hosting provider. This will allow you to have an https URL address.
Features of Really Simple SSL:
- Provides you with free SSL certification.
- It provides you with an option to preload your website with HSTS.
- It also gives advanced secured headers for additional security.
- It also provides a mixed content fixer for your website back-end.
So there you have it. I promise you this plugin will help you in boosting your SEO rankings. And the cool part is you can use all of the plugins mentioned above for free. This makes your SEO process cost-efficient. So without any further due, go ahead and try them and enjoy the results. I hope that would help you, and if you have any questions, leave it in the description box, and ill try to answer them.